Muslims and Atheists
How can someone put a curse on another individual to turn them into an Atheist? How can one lose faith in God just by hearing a strange man recite some words from a book? I don't believe in witchcraft and this event just doesn't make any sense to me.
I don't see Atheism as disease, even though some characters in Snow seem to think so. Besides Atheism, they see suicide as a disease. I don't see how suicide can be a disease since it is not a germ. Sure, it can be "contagious" if it means that other girls will want to follow the covered girls by taking their own lives. I'm also curious about why it is just the girls who are committing suicide and not the boys.
What is the connection between being an Atheist and looking down on the life in Kars? Are the Muslims any better because they believe in God? I don't think that covering women is the only way to prevent rape from happening.
I've never understood the conflicts among different religious groups. What is so wrong with loving someone who is an atheist or someone who believes in a different religion than you? I think it's sad how religion has been a big cause for so many massacres in the world.
This novel is bringing up so many questions for me to think about, especially questions about God and suicide. I still don't see why Necip and his friends are connecting suicide with Atheism.
No comments:
Post a Comment