Thursday, November 11, 2010

Kafka on the Shore #1

I got my book today in the mail. This first entry will be about my initial thoughts on what reading this book will be like based on my research of it.

The first time I heard of Kafka on the Shore was in freshman year, when some of my friends were talking about it after they read it for English. I don't remember what was said, but I remember that they loved it. 

I guess the biggest reason why I am drawn to this book is what it says on the back cover: "...either to escape a gruesome oedipal prophecy or to search for his long-missing mother and sister". I want to read about Kafka's "oedipal prophecy". I wonder what it could be...

Anyway, it seems like it could be a long read, so I will hopefully start tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment