The ghost "isn't something of this world". There's the blue dress again. Lots of moonlight. "Maybe she's not looking at me but beyond me." I like the volcano metaphor. She made Kafka's heart pound. Why did he cry?
Then Miss Saeki with her blue dress. She is the ghost? But the ghost is her from long ago. Miss Saeki has lost her energy.
"While they're still alive, people can become ghosts."Kafka is attracted to the 15 year old Miss Saeki. Is he her other half?
Interesting. Before Edison invented electricity, physical darkness outside and the inner darkness of the soul were mixed together. No boundaries. But now is the sea and the shore like the physical darkness and the darkness of the soul? Is there a boundary now? I'm confused. I don't know.
So... living spirits all spring up out of negative emotions? There's a difference between a living spirit and people who throw their lives away for honor, love, or friendship, turning into spirits.
Edge of the world... spiritual world?
Crater... volcano again.
Shadow... The other half.
Fish rain down... like Nakata.
Soldiers... WWII.
Knife... God splitting people. "And how mindless violence severed that love forever".
But Kafka sees the Sphinx as the enemy Oedipus defeated. And the "shadow becomes a knife that pierces your dreams" is his father's stabbing. I never thought of it like that. It sounds like Miss Saeki's song is a prophecy.
No comments:
Post a Comment