What is Kawamura trying to say? It is usually about something being tied up, so what does that mean?
Nakata describes butterflies and sparrows again. Flight is freedom? I really want to know what the butterflies mean. Is it like the souls? It reminds me of the butterfly effect. That kind of relates to Kafka's thoughts about imagination and what goes on in your head is important. More about that later.
When the dog comes, all the words describing it have a negative connotation. I can just picture what a scary beast it is. I wonder how it can communicate with Nakata. So... the dog leads Nakata to this strange man who calls himself "Johnnie Walker". I don't know who that is, but he is famous. This Johnnie Walker is a fake. Does that describe his personality, too?
"Distorted ripple on the surface of water". <-- Like the pool of water in the beginning of the story.
Random thought: Since some chapters are obviously in first person, Kafka's POV, what are the other ones in? Are they third person or does Kafka know everything? Does it switch off?
Kafka is alone in the forest. There is a lot of talk about birds. So he is alone and feels free? It reminds me of Thoreau and his wilderness stay all alone from the world. Is Kafka running amok yet? It's weird how Kafka is all alone but he feels like there is an army of invisible creatures surrounding him. Like someone watching him. Is this related to the killing machine?
Why is Crow so negative? He's like the depressed half of Kafka, saying self-degrading remarks and criticizing everything.
Even though Kafka is alone, Oshimas has felt the same way, so in that regard, Kafka is not alone. At night, there are no birds, but in the morning there is a lot. It's like light means freedom and good feelings while darkness means loneliness and fear. The birds look for partners, moving in pairs. They are not really alone. Like the God story.
I think the Adolf Eichmann story is amazing. It speaks out to me in a way that I can't really describe. It all depends on your perspective. He is both a genius and a madman. So sick and twisted, yet so interesting.
"'It doesn't matter whose dream it started out as, you have the same dream. So you're responsible for whatever happens in the dream. That dream crept inside you, right down the dark corridor of your soul.'Then, Kafka says,
Just like Adolf Eichmann, caught up-whether he liked it or not- in the twisted dreams of a man named Hitler."
"But she got it wrong. What I imagine is perhaps very important. For the entire world."Just like Eichmann. His imagination has responsibility. I don't even know how to explain what I think about when I read this, but I think it's so deep and meaningful. I shall finish chapter 15 later.
No comments:
Post a Comment