Why is "doing the deed" important?
"The pure present i an ungraspable advance of the past devouring the future. In truth, all sensation is already memory."I think it's unexpected how the prostitute is educated. I don't understand a lot of the philosophical things that she talks about. It is mostly about the self and identity. I don't understand it at all.
Is Sakura Kafka's connection to reality? Miss Saeki is in a dream world. And is Oshima really connected to reality? I don't know.
"You know, when kids your age fall in love they tend to get a little spacey, so if the person you're in love with isn't connected to reality, that's a major problem."
This next part made me feel so scared. I was reading this late at night in the dark... It is the part about how Kafka realizes that the ghost girl isn't the same girl and his heart is pounding and the "silhouette in the chair starts to move, slowly changing its angle like some massive ship changing course. She takes her head out of her hands and turns in my direction." First, it reminds me of horror movies. I mean, she TAKES HER HEAD OUT OF HER HANDS. That wording is creepy. And she looks straight at him when his heart is pounding. There is so much suspense. But... it is just the present Miss Saeki.
What is this axis of time? Reality and dreams are all mixed up. Just like Johnnie Walker and Kafka's dad. I'm still not sure if they are the same person or not. Navy blue again.
This is weird. Kafka is in reality but sees Miss Saeki in her dream self. She thinks he is her boyfriend? "sucked into a time warp". The boy named Crow is back. Does he represent Kafka's desires and fantasies? Or does he voice his inner most thoughts? The words he can't come up with by himself? Why? There is the whole thing about dreams and responsibilities again. Delicate and dangerous.
And the thing about where his seed goes.... To me, that has double meaning. Like where his "seed" as in sperm goes. Or his fantasies. His dreams. His thoughts... that seed. Yes.
"The wind blows clouds over, then scatters them away. The branches of the dogwood quiver, and countless knives flash in the darkness. The window is my heart's window, the door my soul's door. I lie there awake until dawn, gazing at the empty chair."
No comments:
Post a Comment