Sunday, December 5, 2010

Kafka on the Shore #29

Chapter 45- Chapter 49:

 I don't get it. No OTHER thing. Not even Kafka himself is going to hurt him. THey are in his heart? I don't know. THe entrance stone takes you to the deepest part of you, right?
The guts metaphor refers to labyrinths. And it is disgusting.

A city in the forest? A town. A village. Whatever. But is Kafka still in this world? In reality? No. I don't think so. Wind ripples again. He is a butterfly? Reborn? Metamorphosis. New person. THE CHORDS.

It won't be that long. For the time being. Like in the beginning. The Boy Named Crow.

Train pulling into a station. LIke Kafka and Miss Saeki. Her death.

Did Kafka travel through time? 15 year old Miss Saeki is there. I'm confused. She doesn't need a name. Another library. No books. Far away.

Hoshino's quest. Learns about his life and realizes that it was pretty pointless. He can talk to cats now? Since when? Was it because he slept next to a stone?

Another chapter called The Boy Named Crow? Circles... Who is this strange man? Why can't Crow talk? He usually has so many things to say. This man... omg. Flutes. Souls. He's Johnnie Walker?! Didn't he get killed? It was Kafka's dad who got killed? Because Johnnie Walker is just a concept? Like Colonel Sanders? I don't know.
Johnnie Walker laughed when he died, too. In Limbo? So... the imagery is appalling but it drags me in, the way Crow is pecking and biting and pulling apart this man's face. Crow is an illusion? I don't understand this chapter at all.

No books. No time. Reminds me of Hitler and The Book Thief. There is this one story in The Book Thief called "The Word Shaker". It explains how Hitler used words as a weapon and created so much destruction. It's interesting how there are no words here. The complete opposite.

This world is so hard to understand. It's all about becoming truly yourself. But at the same time they are all seamlessly together. An individual but at the same time... not.

Young Miss Saeki wears light blue. Old wears navy blue. Why is the bee important? Entrance is closing soon?

"I want you to remember me. If you remember me, then I don't care if everybody else forgets."

I'm confused. Old Kafka=Kafka Tamura? Kafka was there? Reality? Wait she gave him the memory? She IS his mother? Up to us, I guess...wait. She IS his mother. Forgive her? Frozen part of his heart crumbles. This blood. What does it mean? That's kind of weird. To lick her blood?

I get it, I think. If you look back, you can't move forward.

Sounds reappear. Time moves again.

What is this thing that Hoshino has to kill? He can't let it through the entrance...It's such a disgusting monster. I don't get what it means. What does it symbolize? WHAT IS THE POINT OF THIS?

Kafka is getting a ride back with Oshima's brother, Sada. There are crows on the sidelines. They do not fly. What does it mean? Sada knows about the soldiers... words can't express it.

Kafka. Quest. Never really thought about it. Coming of age? In a awy.

Little room where we store those memories. Private library=memories. Beautiful metaphor. We still don't know if Miss Saeki is his mother or not.

Sakura and Kafka shared a dream, yet they weren't really sharing a dream. She doesn't know he raped her? She was the crow trying to warn him. WEIRD.

"You finally fall asleep. And when you wake up, it's true. You are part of a brand-new world."

Sleep. Could be the soul traveling dream thing. OR it could be death. Because when they wake up. they really are in a new world. Somewhere else....wow.

No comments:

Post a Comment