My overall thoughts...
Based on the back of the book, I thought Nakata would eventually meet with Kafka. I thought they were their other halves. But that is not the case. They never even met. Kafka doesn't even know about Nakata.
This book left me feeling more confused than ever before. However, something at the end caught my attention and I feel okay about it. It's the thing about how you can't express it in words. Not even to yourself. So you don't even have to bother trying to put it into words. It's like I understand it, but at the same time, I can't put it into words. It's so...profound?
This book makes me feel sad. No answers. I still am not sure who everyone is. Where did their souls go. What is reality? Is Miss Saeki really Kafka's mother? Did she answer him or was she just going along with his "theory"? Who is Johnnie Walker? So many questions. I don't know if I feel like this book is complete. It makes sense though. It shouldn't give me answers to life. Just like it didn't give Kafka the answers to his life. I like that. I could read it again. In fact, I will probably read it again some day and feel completely different. It'll be a whole new experience. But until then, I will remain confused.
This book is now my second favorite book. After The Book Thief.
No comments:
Post a Comment