Why Colonel Sanders? He has no name or shape. Interesting. So Johnnie Walker is the name of an alcoholic beverage. I think he symbolizes delusion and sluggishness. Or delayed actions. Colonel Sanders. KFC/fast food. Symbolizing consumption? Or capitalism? Or indulgence? "Consummate the function I've been given to perform." What does that mean?
He is not a person. He makes sure time stays in order. Needs substance to perform an action. He is trading sex for substance?
He has a different way of perceiving religion. "What is God?" Like a referee? I like the example about how MacArthur came to Japan and made the divine emperor say that he isn't God and then that was that. "God only exists in people's minds."
Is that like how our morals don't stay the same? Like how it used to be okay to have slaves but now our society shuns that.
"Listen, every object's in flux. The Earth, time, concepts, love, life, faith, justice, evil- they're all fluid and in transition. They don't stay in one form or in one place forever. The whole universe is like some big FedEx box."
"What Chekhov was getting at is this: necessity is an independent concept. It has a different structure from logic, morals, or meaning. Its function lies entirely in the role it plays. What doesn't play a role shouldn't exist. What necessity requires does need to exist."I don't understand it that much, but it seems important.
The stone is like Chekhov's pistol. It will have a role depending on the situation? It is important. But not holy or sacred. I don't really get it.
Navy blue cloth.
The stone is very heavy. Like a burden?
No comments:
Post a Comment