Thursday, December 2, 2010

Kafka on the Shore #25

Chapter 34:

A crow... Since it rained, is the world a new place?

"But the more he thought about himself, the less reality his existence seemed to have. He began to feel like some meaningless appendage sitting there."
 The thing about geniuses. And how not everyone should be one. It makes sense to. Not everyone can be a Bill Gates or Steve Jobs. Some people have to do other things like work at Safeway... Like econ!

"Living turned me into nothing." Weird. This emptiness. I feel it too, sometimes. When there is no goal or purpose in life, you start to feel empty. This book makes me think so much about life. Sometimes I stop reading and reread the same passage over and over again because I don't understand what it is saying. But all I end up with are more questions and no answers. Oh well.

Hoshino is going to follow Nakata though. Did he find his purpose? I think Hoshino is on a quest, too.
Quester: Hoshino.
Destination: Takamatsu
Reason: Help Nakata find this entrance stone.
Obstacles: Colonel Sanders, morals, job.
Real reason: Learned about who he is, about his life, to live again.

No comments:

Post a Comment